Welcome to TritonMusic.org, official home of the San Clemente High School music department!
Come check out the Jazz Band and the Jazz Combo at the annual Jazz Concert at the San Clemente Pier!
ATTENTION MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS:
Below are the three packets about the SCHS Instrumental Department next year for future SCHS musicians. Attached is the information for each.
1) Regular Instrumental Music Paquet:
This is for all your “1 stop shop” for ALL ENSEMBLES. It answers many questions for a new member and includes the marching band letter of intent form. 2016 Music Registration Packet
2) Drum Line Work Shop
Two workshops for all percussionists. Dates are included. Drum Line Information 2016
3) Color Guard Workshop
Two workshops for all color guard members. We will train new students. Color Guard Workshops 2016
Please contact your middle school music instructor or Mr. Soto if you have any questions. Additionally, if you wish to audition for an ensemble next year that requires it (Wind Ensemble, Chamber Orchestra, etc.), please make sure to obtain an audition packet and schedule an audition time.
BOSTON MUSICAL EDUCATION TOUR
This year, we have the opportunity of taking a five-day, four-night excursion to Boston, Massachusetts! Here is the schedule for departure day (Friday April 1st):
- 5:15 AM Call Time at the Music Room
- 5:30 AM Load Bus
- 5:40 AM Bus departs to airports
What You Need to Pack:
- School I.D. (State I.D. if you’re 18+)
- Concert Attire (Ladies: Black dress pants, black blouse, black dress close-toed shoes, black socks. Gentlemen: Black dress pants, black dress shoes, black socks, white long-sleeve dress shirt, black bow-tie <no coat is required>)
- Nice business attire for the concert we will be attending. Wear this on the plane because we will be going straight to the concert hall from the airport
- Cellphone Changer/extra battery if needed
- Jacket (we will be expecting cold weather according to the forecast)
- Foldable Music Stand
- Sheet Music
- Instruments (violins, saxophones, trumpets, bassoons, trombones, and handheld instruments will go in the plane as a CARRY ON)
- Money for souvenirs (there will be free time with chaperones on the 4th day)
- Money for lunch each day. Breakfast and dinner are included
So we don’t have to charge more money for instrument rentals and transportation, we are asking rooms with 3-4 students to share one large suitcase for every 2 students. All members will need to bring their instruments and luggage this Thursday, March 31st to the Music Room. We will tag the luggage then.
Each student is allowed ONE personal item such as a backpack (pack a few dry snacks) that can fit under the seat on the plane. Flutes and Clarinets must put their instruments in their luggage or carry-on. No liquid containers over 3oz. are allowed in personal items. Toiletries over 3oz. should be packed away in your luggage in a zip lock bag.
All prescription medication will need to be dropped off to the school nurse by Tuesday, March 29th
This is a school function and all rules regarding language/behavior are still in effect. Once students are in the hotel room for the night, they must not go outside. DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR TO ANYONE OTHER THAN A CHAPERON. Students are not allowed to request room service or request anything from the front desk/hotel staff unless Mr. Soto is notified. We expect all students to be attentive and timely to insure that everybody enjoys the trip.
COLOR GUARD REHEARSALS
Color Guard Rehearsals for the winter/spring season are in the UPPER CAMPUS MPR on Tuesdays 4pm-8pm and Thursdays 4pm-6pm. Be sure to arrange rides to be picked up from upper campus.
Jazz Band/Combo Auditions December 9th, 3-5 pm! Sign up in the music room for an audition time. See Mr.Soto for more information regarding specific instruments, but all instruments will need to know the blues scales as well as the selected piece. Below are the tracks for Rose Room.
Marching Band Competition-November 7th
Volunteers needed for our upcoming competition! Please sign up at Perfect Potluck and be a part of one of the largest competitions ever held at San Clemente High School! Perfectpotluck.com information is as follows:
Be Sure To Watch for any News! Just click on the News tab above for updates on TMA’s 2015 marching band season!
For Marching Band and summer program information, please click here
You can now donate to TMAC online!